9th of June 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5 Giveaway Result
We’d like to congratulate Lyn Sanderson from UK, who is the winner of our Samsung Galaxy S5 Giveaway draw.
Lyn has also send us a photo and video statement, confirming that she has received the new Samsung Galaxy S5 phone:
Official result by Random.org: http://www.random.org/draws/details/?draw=21110
SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 GIVEAWAY- OFFICIAL RULES
Please note that the Giveaway may run under different titles, but all will be subject to the following rules. AndyforAndroid.com / ETX Software Inc. may also be refered to as ‘Sponsor’.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Samsung Galaxy S5 Giveaway: How To Enter: Rate (including a comment) a free or paid version of Andy app in Google Play before May 2, 2014 @ 10PM EST and you’ll be automatically entered into a draw. Winner Selection: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on May 3, 2014 between 8AM – 10PM EST. Drawing will be conducted by Random.org whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: (1) Winner will receive brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 as per its price at the time. Winner notification: Winners will be notified via reply to their Google Play rating (triggers e-mail to winner), on May 3, 2014. Failure to respond to our communication by May 15, 2014 by 8AM EST (deadline) will result in forfeiture of the prize. We will not hold a selection of an alternate winner if the winner fails to respond to our communication by the deadline time.
2. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per household and per Google Play rating and per e-mail address for the Google Samsung Galaxy S5 giveaway regardless of method of entry. Paid version users get 5 tickets for 1 entry. Free version users get 1 draw ticket. Detected multiple entries from the same household will be disqualified. Entries using macro, robotic, scrip or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Entries and rating content become the property of andyforandroid.com. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the Name or the nickname associated with the Google play rating. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by a Google Play service provider, that is responsible for assigning email addresses to the user who submits the online rating of one of our apps.
3. ELIGIBILITY Open world-wide ages 16 years or older. Employees of andyforandroid.com, sponsor, its family, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible. Winner must prove his/her age by sending us a scanned photo ID (by mail, email or fax). Upon ID confirmation, scanned ID will be discarded.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: There must be at least 5,000 entrants in order for giveway to run. In case there is less than 5000 participants, giveway will be cancelled. All entrants must have a valid and active e-mail address associated with their Google Play account, and it is entrant’s responsibility to inform app creator (us) of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description (shipping, etc.) and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for prize an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply to Canadian law or specifically Ontario law, from where the contest is being held. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Giveaway. Winners may be required to provide their photo with the received price within 7 days of a price receival and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize. Return of any prize/prize notification as un-deliverable may result in disqualification. Note: there will not be a selection of an alternate winner held. Sponsor’s email communicated Giveaway rules and details may differ in content and message from and actual Giveaway message and rules. All participants in the draw automaticly agree to these rules. Additionally, Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize.
4.1 PROMOTION CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Winner automatically agrees to provide a photo of him or her with the final price (Samsung Galaxy S5), as well as a short video statement (2-5 minutes). Photo and a short video may be later included on our website or in our advertising materials. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of the prize. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material, and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) and above mentioned photo and video for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
6. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal or provincial courts situated in Toronto, Ontario; any and all claims, judgements, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Ontario provincial law, without reference to Toronto’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
7. SPONSOR: ETX Software Inc. for AndyForAndroid.com, Toronto, Ontario.